The Litigation Funding Forum is your single greatest resource for getting up-to-the-moment information from the brightest minds in the business.
The Litigation Funding Forum - March 26, 2020
- Size of the market and recent trends
- Litigation finance scenarios and structures
- Regulatory activity and implications for the justice system
Red Bridges Advisors
- Court opinions re: disclosure
- Update on state legislation re: disclosure
- Update on state ethics opinions
- Brief introduction to international arbitration
- Funding challenges in the arbitration market
- Funding opportunities in the arbitration market
- What are the economics of the future law firm
- What is the role of litigation finance as a disruptor in the legal industry
- How might data and analytics change the way we approach litigation
- How does this affect the future of legal education and training
- Mechanics of what a broker does
- Insights into picking the right funder
- A broker’s perspective on the market
- Key attributes that make a litigation funder successful and reliable for funded parties and investors
- The litigation funder – funded party – attorney relationship
- The future of litigation finance as an asset class
Investing in Small Deals: Can it be Profitable and How Does it Differ from Large Transactions? (Presentation)
- The Smaller Litigation Finance Marketplace
- Economics of Smaller Litigation Fundings
- Considerations Unique to Smaller Litigation Fundings
- How to properly evaluate a contingency based docket.
- Best practices for risk mitigation.
- Methodologies for reviews.
Mass Tort Nexus
- How to identify a case ripe for litigation funding
- How to Prepare for litigation funding due diligence
- The role of litigation counsel in the funding process
Swanson, Martin & Bell
A Fresh Look at the Patent Assignment Agreement: Lone Star v. United Microelectronics (Presentation)
- When does a controlling agreement constitute a license?
- How to transfer ownership
- Impact and strategic takeaways from this case
Fitch, Even, Tabin & Flannery